(Part-time – 24 hours/week)
The Sisters of St. Joseph are a congregation of Women Religious in Boston. Together with their lay partners, they are committed to furthering their mission of UNITY, neighbor with neighbor and neighbor with God. Their ministries embrace service to “the dear neighbor” in education, health care, social services, spirituality, literacy, and support groups for Women.
We are seeking a part-time Archivist. The Archivist is responsible for preserving the historical heritage of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Boston.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintaining databases and inventories of the holdings (paper and digital records, photographs, videotapes and other electronic media; artifacts which aid in preserving historical memory
- Increasing archival holdings by raising awareness within the Staff, Members, Associates, Agrégées of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Boston
- Responding to research requests
- Assisting researchers in their use of archival materials;
- Joining and participating in meetings of archival organizations; e.g. Society of American Archivists (SAA), New England Archivists (NEA), Digital Commonwealth; Archivists for Congregations of Women Religious (ACWR)
Skills and Experience Required
- A degree in library science with a concentration in archives or the equivalent of education and professional experience as an archivist
- Knowledge of national standards in archival cataloging
- An understand of the importance of confidentiality
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com